THE GS DIET™ Support Pages
What is going to motivate you to want to read this book and work this program instead of one of the countless other books and programs that are out there? The book cover! It will hypnotize you as it lures your mind into connections with the colors and the bold words.
Get a copy of The goodsugar™ Diet in print right here or get the eBook on Amazon. Improve your vision and clarity regarding one of the most important aspects of our lives: diet. This book is the most comprehensive book on food and our be...
There is no hospital in the world with a ward filled with people who eat too much fruit. There isn’t a single place on the planet for treatment for people who consumed too many apples and bananas.
Be aware that protein isn’t just protein. Protein also contains calories. We need calories in order to have energy to move and do our daily activities. So when you eat protein matter, your body derives energy from it, not just protein itself.
This book is for anyone who wants to be truly healthy and happy. It will offer you many weight loss tips, and some of those tips will help you to lose weight fairly quickly. What it will not offer you is a quick fad diet enabling you to lose a few pounds over a weekend. Instead, this book will encourage you to make all-encompassing lifestyle changes. Such changes will enable you to not only lose weight, but to keep the weight off, change your body chemistry for the better, and engage in a positive journey to attain excellent mental, physical, and emotional health and wellness.
You can be a great coach to yourself. Take a lot of pride and gratitude in the fact that you are working on or completed The goodsugar Diet™ book. You’re now going to do the work, and step-by-step you are going to get better!
I sincerely hope to see you as we both move along on our mutual paths to happiness and peace of mind.
A short list of some of the most dangerous processed foods that are now on the market:
- Sodas: In addition to having no nutritional value and having an outrageous amount of sugar, they use high-fructose corn syrup, which is damaging to the liver. Many diet sodas contain carcinogenic sweeteners that perpetuate cravings for real sugar as well.
- White bread: Contains a great deal of processed sugar for added flavor, is stripped of all nutritional value, and uses chemicals such as benzoyl peroxide that can cause headaches, nausea, and DNA damage.
- Hot Dogs and Processed Meats: These have sodium nitrate and other dangerous compounds in them and are linked to stomach and bowel cancers as well as high blood pressure and heart disease.
- Cookies and Cakes: Most of these products can contain up to 80 ingredients, most of which are harmful additives such as preservatives and artificial coloring. Most also contain partially hydrogenated oils with trans fats, which are associated with diabetes, coronary heart disease, and Alzheimer’s.
- Quick Noodle Soups: One package can contain up to 2,000 milligrams of sodium, greatly exceeding the American Heart Association’s recommended daily limit of 1,500 milligrams per day. This puts frequent users at risk of high blood pressure or a stroke
- Microwave Popcorn: One serving can contain 270 milligrams of sodium and 8 grams of fat; the American Heart Association recommends a maximum of 11 to 13 grams of saturated fat per day. The microwaveable bags contain chemicals such as perfluoroalkyls, linked to poor semen quality and impaired kidney function.
- Frozen Dinners: They have outrageously high contents of sugar, fat, and sodium, which can raise blood pressure and lead to heart and weight problems. The most popular of these products contain between 1,100 to 1,300 milligrams of sodium.
- Fast Food Iced Tea: It contains propylene glycol alginate, which is also used in de-icer and antifreeze automotive products. It can cause neurotoxic and cardiovascular problems.
- Candy: Besides excess processed sugar, candy contains many very toxic and carcinogenic chemicals used for artificial coloring and other purposes; they include Yellow Number 5 and Yellow Number 6, linked to Attention Deficit Disorder in children.
- Sugary Cereal: In addition to incredibly high sugar content, it contains chemicals such as butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT) and that are believed to be carcinogenic. (Those ingredients are banned in many European countries.)
- Energy Drinks: They contain excessive amounts of sucrose, glucose, and caffeine, as well as toxic artificial sweeteners. One study found that they are more corrosive to teeth than sodas.
- Ice Cream: Most varieties contain artificial coloring, soybean oil, and titanium dioxide (a chemical used in sunblock), as well as a tremendous amount of sugar.
- Breakfast Biscuits: These are very high in trans fats that can cause heart disease. Some products that are labeled as having 0 grams of trans fats contain hydrogenated soybean oil, meaning that traces of fat actually are in the products.
- Macaroni and Cheese: It contains Yellow Number 5 and Yellow Number 6 and coal tar (which is used to seal floors and kill bugs in shampoo). Those additives can cause ADHD and allergies, and they are suspected to be linked to cancer as well.
- Margarine: Although it’s considered by some to be a better choice than butter, it contains trans fats that lowers good cholesterol levels and is linked to heart disease. It is high in omega-6 fatty acids that cause a chemical imbalance between omega-3 and omega-6 acids, potentially causing bodily inflammation. Dangerous chemicals are used in its production as well.
- Bacon: This is probably the worst of the processed meats available. It tastes delicious primarily because it’s extremely high in saturated fats (that cause obesity and heart disease). The preservatives that are used, including nitrates, are considered to be carcinogenic.
- Instant Ramen: Although it’s a popular product among those on tight budgets, it’s incredibly unhealthy and has almost no nutritional value. A typical portion of it has about 1,500 milligrams of sodium and 14 grams of fat, and it also contains additives such as MSG (monosodium glutamate).
- Coffee Creamer: It’s loaded with trans fats and the chemical whitening product called titanium dioxide, which may cause liver and tissue damage. The trans fats in the hydrogenated oil used can cause diminished memory in adults.
- Baked Goods: These use potassium bromide, also known as bromated flour, to speed up cooking processes. It’s found in wraps, bagel chips, and commercial bread crumbs. The dangerous chemical used is believed to cause cell deterioration and kidney failure and has been banned in Canada and Europe.
- Jam and Jelly: Besides being loaded with sugar, they contain high quantities of pectin. Pectin is toxic because it attaches to good, healthy antioxidants including lycopene, beta-carotene and others, causing them to be eliminated from your system before they can provide health benefits to your body.
- Chewing Gum: Although it’s not a food as such, It contains butylated hydroxyanisole (BHA) which is released into your body when you chew the product. BHA has been linked to impairment of blood clotting and to tumor growth as well. BHA has been banned from use in food products in many European countries and Japan.
Hey friends, please think about the problems the things that are listed here cause. Processed and refined sugar are problematic. And it’s prevalent in cakes, candies, cookies, muffins, sodas, ice cream, energy drinks, sports drinks, and condiments such as ketchup and relish. Although no one should judge you or what you do with food, you can judge yourself in the context of your desire to improve.
Poor eating practices and impure and adulterated food cause incalculable damage to the human race. Those things are a primary factor in deaths caused by a myriad of diseases and are linked to mass starvation. These statements may seem incredibly insensitive and hard to accept, and I don’t take pleasure in writing them. But unfortunately they’re true. Both as individuals and as a society we must change how we produce, process, and consume food products. We ignore the information about our misdeeds regarding these practices at our own peril and the peril of others.
Big Pharmacy and the processed food industry have had an unspoken alliance with each other for over a century. The foods make people sick and the medicines try to fix them, just enough to keep them eating more junk food. Get off of this corrupt and morbid ride. Isn't it funny how pharmacies sell everything that you need for sickness on one floor and everything you need to make yourself sick on the other floor?